United Nations Sustainable Development Goals17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries - developed and developing - in a global partnership.
Why are the UN SDGS on Eudaimon?
As we aim to promote sustainable solutions with Eudaimon, we decided in 2021 to associate the challenges, solutions and changemakers we mention to the related UN Sustainable Development Goals to understand in what ways they can have a concrete and positive impact on the world.
This referencing process will be implemented and improved little by little all over the platform!
What are the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or Global Goals are a collection of 17 interlinked global goals designed to be a “blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all”.
The SDGs were set in 2015 by the United Nations General Assembly and are intended to be achieved by the year 2030.
They are included in a UN Resolution called the 2030 Agenda or what is colloquially known as Agenda 2030
1) End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2) End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
3) Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all
4) Ensure quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunity for all
5) Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
6) Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
7) Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
8) Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all
9) Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation
10) Reduce inequality within and among countries
11) Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
12) Ensure sustainable comsumption and production patterns
13) Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
14) Conservation and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources
15) Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss
16) Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies
17) Cooperate with all the actors of the society to reach these goals
Eudaimon and the 17 SDGs
As an NGO, we are thrilled that international institutions like the United Nations create these goals in order to permit every citizen of our planet to live in dignity and sustainably. We will be using them as globally accepted markers to present the challenges and solutions which we research and collect.
That said, it doesn’t mean that we agree with all the United Nations actions and partnerships, neither that we agree will the organizations and corporations that use these goals as a form of “greenwashing” and who eventually do not change their core problematic practices.
You can learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals and the organizations credited on the UN’s dedicated website.
And, for a contrasting viewpoint, you can learn more about the illicit trade on SDGs on the great website of the Transnational Alliance to combat Illicite Trade.
Take an action!
Get involved 🙋♀️
To become an active contributor, a volunteer, a member or a partner and be part of the global movement to make a positive change!
Support our work 💖
To keep our objectivity our content is always ads-free. Support meaningful projects and make our content accessible to more people!
Make a change 🌄
To empower people, we create and gather many valuable resources to permit anyone to build change around them by themselves
Note : Dedicated page under maintenance, check ressources in the menu!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to be informed of the new content, updates, features and opportunities!
Discord Server 📢
Join our free, secured & decentralized server to participate in voice and written debates with a global community.
Social Networks 🌐
Join us on your favorite social networks for daily tips, inspiring and changemaking special content!